I have recently been diagnosed with a chronic auto-immune disease known as Sjogren's Syndrome. This auto-immune disease most likely caused a second (but still very bad) health problem known as Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (hypothyroidism). Additionally, I have little to no vitamin B-12 in my system.
So...
I take pills for the Sjogren's, pills for the under active thyroid, and shots (yes! shots!!) for the B-12 deficiency.
So, what is the worst part of finding out about all this??? THE BLOOD TESTS! These doctors always want your blood. And how do they get it? By sticking you with needles! It's horrible.
How bad is it when the doctor actually says they are going to put a note in your file saying that you have to be lying down to have your blood drawn? I guess they have gotten tired of my fainting. :-)
I thought I would update in seperate posts exactly what Sjogren's and Hashimoto's is and what it affects. More to come later...
Please do keep us informed as we think of what you're going through and want to see you triumph over this! I love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. I know a wonderful acupuncturist if you are interested in exploring that option. I will definitely add you to my "blogs-to-check" file. Take care of yourself. Let's do lunch soon!
ReplyDeleteUgh - I hate blood draws too. I don't faint, but I get baseball sized bruises. Thanks for the updates...keep'em coming! Love the new blog and love you!
ReplyDeleteOh Nicole! YOu are in our prayers!!
ReplyDelete