Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Chef and the Assistant

In our house, Yankton is the chef. This seems to work out better for us as I only like cooking occasionally and Yankton likes to experiment anyway. The deal is; we plan our menu for the week, I do the grocery shopping, he does the cooking, I load the dishwasher, he empties the dishwasher. We discovered this fabulous recipe - which Yankton has jazzed up a bit for baked chicken fingers. They are ultra-delish and my very favorite way to have chicken now! They are also really good as chicken nuggets and put on a green salad. So above are a couple snaps of Yankton making chicken nuggets one night.



Now the funny thing is that Nero always helps Yankton in the kitchen. He doesn't mind sticking with Yankton all throughout the dinner making process. I don't think this is unusual - most dogs probably like to hang out in the kitchen and see what they get. (Nero nevers get anything.) What is weird is the way Nero has decided he needs to help Yankton. He always assumes the same position. Here are some examples:

He caught me taking pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! Nero is adorable and how great that Yankton cooks for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chicken tenders sound fantabulous! I want him to make them when we visit some time! Okay?

    ReplyDelete