Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sea World

Yankton and I took Wendy Lynn to Sea World this past Saturday. She just moved from Washington State back to Texas, so we thought we would try and give her parents a little bit of break and spend some time with Wendy. I think Yankton and I did a pretty darn good job with her considering we have no experience with 3 year old's.

Of course, it probably helped that we pretty much never said "no" to her on anything. Throughout the day, she ate popcorn, Doritos, Cheetos, a Popsicle, root beer, sierra mist, and cotton candy. We did buy her a turkey sandwich on a wheat roll, so we at least TRIED to feed her nutritious food.

I did try to take pictures, but did not get a whole lot of shots. Here is Wendy and Yankton standing in line for the Shamu Express Roller Coaster. The minimum height requirement was 38 inches and Wendy was 38 and a half. Yankton said she was scared at first but wanted to go around again after it was over. She also kept her sunglasses on for most of the day. She kept very good track of them and made Yankton put them in his pocket when she didn't want them on.


Here we are waiting for the Ski Acrobat show to start. She ate almost the entire bag of popcorn by herself.




Yankton and Wendy getting on the Easter Egg ride. They rode this one twice.







This was when Wendy was playing on the play ground area and hit her head on the slide. Here she is starting to cry.


I told her to smile for the camera and the tears stopped. After I took her picture, she started crying again.


Back on the playground.

We also went to the Lost Lagoon water park in the late afternoon, but I don't have pictures as I don't have a water proof camera!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good job, Auntie Nicole...looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful of you two to take Wendy on such a marvelous adventure!! I know Laurel and James appreciated that so much, too! I am surprised that Wendy went on the rides at all because a few months ago she was afriad of things like that - or so I thought!I know that she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tearing up, I'm so touched by the sincere sweetness of it all! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all very cute and everything...but we need more!!! 8 months is too long without an update.

    ReplyDelete